Philosophy of Lock Haven Catholic School
Catholic education at Lock Haven Catholic School serves the mission of the Catholic Church by:
spreading the Gospel and our faith’s traditions and teachings; fostering intellectual development; and serving others in our community and the world. We are challenged to live our faith by integrating God, education, and service with all aspects of life.
Each student is a unique child of God with special gifts and abilities, created for God’s purpose. It is our sacred responsibility to guide, teach, and inspire our students in their spiritual and academic growth.
The process for structuring the total student experience involves regular review and revising to meet and/or exceed current education standards and the demands of our dynamic world culture.
We seek to promote harmony in life through solid education in the Catholic religion, academics, and values. This foundation will serve a lifelong purpose to illuminate the student’s journey toward becoming a faithful, respectful, and contributing member of our world community and the Kingdom of God.
The cooperative, interpersonal relationships among and between families, teachers, and students build a productive Catholic school community…one with the spirit of God’s family.
The purpose of Lock Haven Catholic School is to provide the environment and the means by which the whole child is developed and nurtured. This wholeness includes spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, personal, and social growth.
We believe that:
Effective education develops the whole person — spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
· Every single child is deserving of an education in light of the teachings of the Church
· Children learn at different rates in different ways.
· Every child deserves respect as a unique creation of a loving God with certain individual needs, abilities, and interests.
· Core values of integrity, responsibility, perseverance, and respect are directly related to a person's sense of self and
correlated level of accomplishment.
· Children are our community's most valuable asset.
· Education is the shared responsibility of the school, student, family, and community.
· All children have a right to safety, love, and learning.